On a different note, for our readers who are not from our area, here are some pictures of my boys at our ward emergency preparedness fair last Saturday. The organizers arranged for the Lehi City police department, fire department, ambulance, and Air Med to come visit our building. Jackson has not stopped talking about it since. Thank you to those that put this together- we learned a lot and obviously my boys enjoyed it!
Monday, March 2, 2009
Family history, I am doing it...
We had the great opportunity last week of fulfilling a stake sealing assignment for our ward. I brought some family names that I have had for over two years, slowly completing the work. We were finally ready for the sealings to take place. Because my immediate family are converts to the Church, none of the temple work has been done. Most of my family is from Nicaragua where records are not well kept, but there were so many times when I felt like miracles were taking place for me to find these names- long lost relatives that I never knew before who by chance had an interest in geneology and sent me their information or family Bibles discovered with names and dates written in them, and the list goes on. Anyway, Spencer and I actually got to seal my great-grandparents on to my great-great-great grandparents, including my great-grandfather and great-grandmother whose wedding ring I wear as my own. It was an incredible experience. This is not meant to brag or impress- honest! Really, I just want to encourage everyone to try to do their own family history because I've been able to see the blessings in my own life from it.
On a different note, for our readers who are not from our area, here are some pictures of my boys at our ward emergency preparedness fair last Saturday. The organizers arranged for the Lehi City police department, fire department, ambulance, and Air Med to come visit our building. Jackson has not stopped talking about it since. Thank you to those that put this together- we learned a lot and obviously my boys enjoyed it!

On a different note, for our readers who are not from our area, here are some pictures of my boys at our ward emergency preparedness fair last Saturday. The organizers arranged for the Lehi City police department, fire department, ambulance, and Air Med to come visit our building. Jackson has not stopped talking about it since. Thank you to those that put this together- we learned a lot and obviously my boys enjoyed it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
ahhh that story about family hisotry is great!!! I am so glad that you are my sister-in-law, you are such a good example to me! The boys looked like they had fun seeing all the police cars and stuff on Saturday! =)
You didn't sound like you were bragging at all! That's a great story. Thanks for the good reminder to keep working on Family History.
p.s. the pictures of your boys are darling!
Post a Comment