Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Diaper rip-off!!!

So I realize the economy is in bad shape. I really do. But today I think I had enough. There I was in Wal-mart, doing my normal thing. I head to the baby section to pick up some diapers from Brady and to my astonishment- the box of Huggies and Pampers are now smaller and include SIX less diapers than before for the same price! You would think that if there was one industry that is recession-proof, it would be diapers! Are you telling me babies are requiring less diapers this fiscal year? Now, I can't read Brady's thoughts, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't think to himself, "I really need to poop right now, but man, look at the market today- I better hold it in..." Are you kidding me? Where do these greedy corporations get off skimping us on diapers?!? Sure, we've been hit by the economy as bad as the next family, but I don't care how low the Dow ends up or how underwater our mortgage could be, we are not going to stop buying diapers and neither is anyone else. It is right up there with food and shelter. So don't give me some speech about the economy going sour- I don't buy it for a second. But instead of boycotting their sorry excuse to make a quick buck, I dutifully picked up my box of diapers and went on my way.

7 comments:

Misty said...

Absolutely ridiculas! I do love the picture of that little diaper bum!

Amie said...

That just made me so excited to start buying diapers again! Who do they think they are taking advantage of us like that?! Just because people aren't buying their less-necessary products doesn't mean that we have to make up for it.
p.s. I'm starting to wonder if life is ever boring at your house! I bet Spencer loves when you get all riled up over things. :) I think it's great!

Brittney said...

Love the diaper photo! I am kinda glad right now that I am not buying diapers. But I agree with you, that is totally ridiculous!

The Watkins said...

Ha Ha Ha! Have you seen the new boxes of Girl Scouts cookies. They used to be $2 or $2.50 when I was in Scouts. Not they are $3.50 AND the box is tiny! There are definately less Thin Mints in one box than before. They're doing that with ice cream as well these days. You pay the same, but it's not really a half gallon. You think I should be excited as this could really enhance my healthy eating goals..whatever! Rip off! So, your blog made me laugh. So, our BOY who I have no clue how to raise or even change his diaper, will probably be named Brayden Dale Watkins. That's the only name we could agree on with Madison...if she was going to be a boy. We are so excited to have both though!

The Wards said...

You are hilarious!!! I love the honesty mixed with humor!!! I, like Brittney, am enjoying not buying diapers now, but I was too cheap to buy Pampers or Huggies anyway (at least after the first few months). I bought Parents Choice and found that they worked too, but even then I was discouraged at the price!!!

Karen said...

AMEN! Why do we have these big babies, either?! They keep getting bigger and so we get less diapers in the box. It's a conspiracy...

By the way, we (I mean "I") am super excited to have the internet again. Thank Spencer again for me.

Tricia said...

Go with the cloth diapers. I'm pretty sure that's what my mom used. I'm old.