I am saddened to announce the passing of an important part of my life. After serving faithfully for over EIGHT years, today my hair straightening iron finally passed on. I would say it is in a better place now, but I can't. Spencer decided that rather than spend $20 for a new one, he needed to try to fix it. This was the result:

He says he can put it back together but when questioned where even one piece was supposed to go, he couldn't tell me. And while it is somewhat annoying that we can easily go spend money on
a new TV but not a new hair iron which I use every day, I admire Spencer's resourcefulness. To be honest, I know he could actually make it work again. It's just what he does.
*** Update: 2/4/08- He actually fixed it! Good as new. My husband is amazing. (Let's just hope it doesn't short again and set my hair on fire)
7 comments:
WOW, that thing lasted for eight years? Who knew that it was going to have such a long life! -Natalie
yes...he can fix anything...he fixed our internet! ha ha
Tell him thanks...it is 100% better!
Welcome to the world of blogging!! I love your family picture! You look beautiful!!
I am so sorry to hear about your flat iron! It's amazing how mine has become such a necessity, I don't know what I would do without it :0)
I love the facts about you and Spencer..TOO FUNNY! I love that you peed on someone! It wasn't me was it?!? :0)
Sorry, that is so sad and so funny at the same time. It's crazy how our priorities (financially) go sometimes. I hope you get it working really soon....or, after 8 years, they have come out with some really nice ones that might even work better than the one that died on you.
Wow, I can't believe your straightener lasted for 8 years or for that matter that you have owned a straightener for 8 years! I didn't even know what one was until a few months ago. Where have I been?
Oh Spencer.
oh i'm so jealous! : ) mine finally died this past year. i got a new one but it's just not as good...
p.s. - i'm so happy you have a blog too so i can catch up with you guys!
Post a Comment