Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Looking back...

This week marks six years since Spencer and I started dating. Our first official date was on February 7th, but it was really this whole week leading up to Valentine's Day that I got the clue that he was interested. I remember coming home from a day in which I had to take a bunch of mid-terms at the BYU testing center and seeing a message telling me to call Spencer. I immediately concluded that he was calling to set up an appointment with the Bishop because he was our ward executive secretary and almost didn't call him back. I was honestly shocked when he said he was calling to ask me out. Today I was just thinking that I'm really glad I called him back.

So as part of my nostalgia, I am including some pictures from when we were dating. It's so funny to think of how far we have come together.


Our Valentine's Day date. We doubled with our roommates. The boys made us dinner and then took us ice skating. During dinner they nearly burned down the apartment by forgetting about some candles on the entertainment center! (Yes, that is a life-size cardboard cut-out of Hans Solo in the background- it was my roommate's) BYU basketball game at the Delta Center. This was only the beginning of our mutual passion for BYU athletics. :)
A summer hike we took together. It was on this hike that he first told me he loved me! Awwww

Spencer tried to make my birthday really special so he took me out to dinner to a fancy French restaurant recommended to him, but he didn't know it was in the middle of the ghetto in downtown Vegas! We thought at any moment we were going to encounter the mob!

A day trip to visit the Hoover Dam together. Spencer had never been before. I remember feeling like we were a married couple on vacation that day- it was weird, but it also felt nice.

7 comments:

The Wards said...

I loved reading this. What sweet and special memories! You look just as young and beautiful now as you did then! :)

Veronica said...

You guys are too cute! I love the pictures! =)

Melanee said...

Awww, you guys are such a great couple! I'm so glad you found each other. What a sweet post!

Brittney said...

I love that you posted some old photos, they were so fun to see!

Connie and Brandon said...

WOW! Time flies. That was a very sweet post and fun to look at old pictures. I still remember the one summer you emailed me telling me you were engaged!

Amie said...

What a great post for Valentines week. I loved seeing those cute pictures. You two are a great match!

Steve.Jeana.Preston said...

You guys are too cute!! You guys really are such fun people to be around (even though it's been MONTHS since I have seen you) and I LOVE that you have a scoreboard of the ping pong games!! Good luck!