Wednesday, February 18, 2009
We don't need you...
We took this afternoon to participate in our Stake Temple Week. For the readers who are not from this area, our stake endorses one week during the year in which they ask members to engage in temple work for eight hours. We first completed an endowment session and then did sealings. After this, we went to do initiatories, but they were full. So we went to do more sealings, but they told us they were full as well. We didn't have enough time to do another session, but we still had some time before our baby-sitter expected us back so we felt that we should still serve. Finally, Spencer suggested we volunteer to fold laundry. Great idea, but we were turned away because we were in our street clothes. (Spencer told me later he has done it before, but we didn't dare question the Senior Clothing Supervisor- respect the tag!) So, as a last resort, we headed to the cafeteria to see if we could wash dishes, but they also turned us away, saying they didn't have anything for us to do! We finally got the message and headed home. Obviously we weren't wanted! :) In the parking lot, we couldn't help laughing at the situation. I guess it is good that the temple is so busy. Actually, I think it was punishment for Spencer leaning over to me during a certain part of the endowment session and saying, "Honey, I hope you don't have any 'unkind feelings' toward me because I beat you in ping pong this morning."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
That is so funny. I'm glad they had enough help! At least you'll be blessed for the intentions of your heart! :)
That's crazy that the temple didn't need you in all those places. I guess it is a good thing and what a wonderful opportunity to spend 8 hours in the temple!
Wow! You two were definately persistant! Way to go! We had a similar expereince, but neglected to check with the laundry and kitchen!
I would have thought they had an 8 hour window that they encourage the stake to attend for a "portion" of that time. I'm impressed by your stake! Wow! Our week is this week, but we haven't figured out how to go as a couple with Dale working such long hours. I admire you guys for trying to give of more service than was obviously needed. That's a great story!
I had a similar experience last week too! It was insanely busy, and it was only 5am. But I also forgot to check with the kitchen and the laundry room.
Post a Comment