
One of our (meaning my) New Year's resolutions this year was to start blogging. 31 days into the year, we are finally getting around to doing it. I can't make too many promises for this blog. I'm not very good with words. But I'll try my best to make it fun and informative.
I guess we ought to start by introducing ourselves to the world. I'll do this by listing some little known things about us.
Spencer
1. His worst pet peeve is people (meaning me) squeezing the toothpaste from the top instead of the bottom- he calls it barbaric. His second worst is people driving or walking on his unshoveled driveway.
2. Any object in his hand becomes a flipping toy (meaning he tosses it in the air). I think this is how he lost his first wedding ring.
3. He was once featured in the newspaper for building a snow tunnel from his house to his friend's house in Virginia. It was 120 feet long.
4. Neither of us has an Ipod or a facebook profile- I know, shocking!
5. His nickname growing up (and still is amongst his 8 siblings) was "Spanky"
6. Other than one instance where he nearly severed his arm off, he has never cried in his life. These are his exact words: "My bladder is too far from my eyeballs". He is incapable of emotion.
Zandra
1. My biggest pet peeve is when people walk off with the remote control so it is not in the designated spot when I desire to turn it on. I hate that!!!
2. If someone were to ask me my favorite restaurant, I would probably say Olive Garden. But to be honest, I have yet to have an entree there that I have truly loved. Their sauces are always to buttery or oily for me. But I would still say it is Olive Garden- I do love those salad and breadsticks.
3. I have to watch the previews on TV- even if I don't necessarily follow the show. I just like previews for some reason. Our favorite shows are 24, Lost, and the Office
4. I once peed on someone (by accident). I don't think they knew it at the time and I never told them.
5. For some reason I am amused by moving furniture and decor around in my house. I don't necessarily buy new items, I just reuse what I have. Plus it's fun to see how long it takes Spencer to notice (usually a very long time)
6. Other than Macaroni and Cheese for Jackson because he has to have it- I typically do not "cook" lunch. I usually force leftovers on my family. I fail to see the distinction between lunch foods and dinner foods.
7. At any given moment in my life, there is probably a load of laundry sitting in my dryer waiting to be folded. I'm really bad about that.
I know I will stay up tonight thinking of better things I should have listed, but this will just have to do for now.

15 comments:
YAY! I love that you have a blog. I will be a faithful reader!
I'm so happy you have a blog!! I've had the same goal, and I just started one too. I'll send you the link. : )
P.S. - some things never change...I'm sitting here checking my email instead of getting ready for work... : )
I will also be a faithful reader!! It was fun reading all those. I loved hearing the one about Spencer and the untouched snow, that is really funny. And I do the left overs thing for lunch too, or just east stuff like cereal. I have cooking for lunch also!
Thanks for the invite. I tried to send you one to mine, but I don't have your email address. Please send it when you get a chance. I am glad that I am not the only lunch hater. We both just barely started the facebook thing. At first I hated it, but now I am addicted. You should give it a try!
Love your blog! And, you gave fun tidbits about you and Spencer. It's going to be hard for me not to call him "Spanky", though. I am also glad there are others out there without an iPod. People think we are freaks!
Great blog! Your boys are so cute! I must admit I read blogs more often than I do update my own. I blame my really slow computer or use some excuse like that. As for silly facts about yourselves, Dale is the one to rearrange furniture. Actually, I woke up this morning and he had already moved where the couches are in the living room. He has to change things up from time to time. I've never complained b/c it's kind of nice to see my house arranged differently. Did you buy Spencer a second wedding ring? That's kind of funny, but I'm sure you didn't think it was. Can you imagine if that happened to you and your ring, he would probably flip! Hope you have a great day!!
Good FIRST post! Blog away...it's fun!
Thanks for the blog invite! Can't wait to keep up.
I loved hearing about you guys :)
I'm so glad you have a blog! Although, now that I can so easily find out what's going on with you guys, it's going to be that much easier to procrastinate a get-together.
I totally remember when you peed on [anonymous hiker]. Good times.
George and I just barely joined facebook so now I have a very tangible reminder of how many friends I didn't have in high school. Boo. But I think you would be surprised by all the people you can find who just dropped off the face of the planet. I guess it's not totally useless.
YIPPEE! That was fun to read. I am the same way with the laundry!
I think that our bag collection should be included on fun facts for you. Ha Ha
My laundry is the same, too. How can you pee on someone in the first place? And, how can they not know about it? You're going to have to tell me that story.
Cute blog, very fun to read! Thanks for sharing.
I'm so excited you have a blog! I loved your first post. Amen to leftovers for lunch--is there any other way?
Cute post! I love the little tidbits about you and Spencer. I may have a tough time not calling him "Spanky" from now on though.
Post a Comment