Friday, September 11, 2009

Taking back our basement

This is a stupid thing to blog about, but oh well. Our basement family room has long been our neglected area where we threw down all of the boys' toys and called it good. I think the toys were breeding because it was chaos down there (mostly due to over the top Grandmas- we never buy toys for our kids- we're pretty mean). Finally, Spencer and I decided to reclaim the basement yesterday. We found this huge entertainment center on the KSL classifieds that was exactly what we wanted for literally pennies on the dollar of what it originally cost, and we're excited. It took us all day yesterday to get it in. I nearly lost a finger and Spencer nearly lost his life trying to get it downstairs! The toys all fit in the cupboards with room to spare- the boys have been using it as a fort for most of the day! I still need to do some decorating down there but it's a step in the right direction. So if anyone wants to join us for the BYU game tomorrow, feel free- we no longer have to feel embarressed about taking people down there! This really should not be that exciting. I realize people have much more important things in their lives to worry about. It's just that I do kind of like things organized. Here are the "before" and "after" pictures. Believe me, the "before" picture does not do it justice- most of the toys were tucked in the corner out of the camera view:


***Update: Apparently Brady thought the place was not looking kid-friendly enough so while downstairs playing with Jackson today as I cooked dinner, he took a pink crayon and drew all over our walls and couches. This child is going to be the end of me.

4 comments:

Macon Family said...

It looks awesome!

Veronica said...

i love it!! its so pretty!!!

A and N said...

Your entertainment center looks beautiful! It's amazing how quickly toys can take over every space!

Karen said...

Oh - come on over and see our basement. There are NO signs of adults life down there. It is completely filled with kids toys. You can just ask Spencer. I'm sure he was flabergasted when he came to set up the internet. It's a nightmare - but, out of sight! :)

Your new purchase looks wonderful! We'll be over for some games! :)