Since this is pretty much my journal, I decided to blog this experience. A couple of weeks ago my car registration was due but I neeeded to complete my safety and emissions check first. Of course, I waited until the very last minute. So I took both my kids (with NO NAPS) down to Orem (because I had a coupon). When I got there, they told me the wait would probably be around 1 1/2 hours, but because of my procrastination I had to do it. What an adventure trying to keep my kids quiet and entertained in one of those small rooms, crowded with impatient and grumpy adults waiting for their cars! It was exhausting. But at least I could feel good about my coupon... TWO hours later I finally get called up to pay. Then the cashier casually tells me that my van did not pass the safety check because of my window tinting so I needed to go home, scrape off all of the tinting and come back! Really?!? They couldn't have told me this two hours ago? Plus we had never gotten our windows tinted so I didn't understand where this was coming from. On top of everything, now I had to face Friday rush hour traffic because it took so long. I was beside myself. I quickly paid and practically threw my kids into the car. Jackson tried to ask me a question to which I blew up at him. I quickly apologized and said that Mommy was just really mad right now. Then I looked at Brady and with the biggest smile on his face, he folded his arms to say a prayer! I couldn't believe it. It melted my heart and I said, "Yes Brady, Mommy definitely needs to say a prayer". I love how kids have a way of teaching you instead of you teaching them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I love (and need) those moments too!!! What sweet boys! :)
That is so sweet! Good job teaching your boys about the importance of prayer!!
What a frustrating experience, but so sweet that kids just know and stick to the basics!
Post a Comment