Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy Birthday America!

I love the fourth of July. It is one of my favorites- not only because it is around my birthday, but because it is such a fun and meaningful holiday. How can you not have fun- family, BBQ, parades, fireworks, patriotic songs, etc. This was our Fourth this year. The pictures uploaded in reverse order- oh well. We started the day by attending our ward breakfast which was oh so yummy. Then the primary children decorated their bikes and participated in a bike parade. Jackson helped me decorate his bike. On the front we taped a picture of his Uncle Jon and Aunt Raechel to honor them. Jon is currently in Army Officer Training school in Georgia.

Following the breakfast, we rushed up to Kaysville to go to the annual parade and made it just in time. This year was extra fun because everyone in our family was dressed in matching shirts to remember Jon and Raechel. Plus they did a helicopter candy drop (which was too chaotic to get any pictures of, but still fun.) We ended the day watching the spectacular fireworks at Davis High School.

On a completely random note... did you know that Americans consume 150 million hot dogs over the 4th of July holiday?!? Crazy, huh?






4 comments:

Veronica said...

how fun!!! I love Jackson's hat!!! I told Bobby that next 4th I want to go to Utah!! =) I'm glad you guys had such a great holiday!

Amie said...

Jackson was sooo cute in the parade. I loved how he was going as fast as he could around and around the loop! What a cute boy. I love the fourth too. And, I love that Roland has really fallen in love with it as well. He always gets emotional on the fourth as he thinks about all that this country has offered him and the many ways it has blessed his life. Hooray for America!

Natalie said...

I love the pictures (and the hot dog trivia...good thing to know). Happy Birthday America and Happy Birthday Zandra!

The Wards said...

Jackson's bike looks great - I especially LOVE the picture of his aunt and uncle. I'm grateful for him and others serving this amazing country. So glad you had a great weekend!