Saturday, July 11, 2009

A night to remember

So thanks to my two wonderful sisters-in-law who work at Thanksgiving Point, we were able to attend the Utah Symphony concert at the Thanksgiving Point gardens last night. It was such a great night. We had a bit of an adventure trying to get there. Note to anyone going to a concert there- leave VERY early because the traffic to the gardens is terrible. We made it at intermission, but oh well. Listening to the symphony totally brought me back to my "glory days" playing in orchestra growing up. Melanee and Nicole, this is for you- they played Aaron Copeland's "Hoe Down"! I just had to smile thinking of Ms. Berger trying to lead us in that one and no one except Tim and Crystal able to keep up :) Anyway, I would definitely recommend going to a Utah Symphony concert- they are very talented but also a lot of fun too. Sorry, no cute pictures of us since we got there late, left right at the end, and I didn't want to distract from the performance to pose for a picture. But this was definitely a favorite date night for Spencer and me.

3 comments:

A and N said...

That sounds like a great night! I had forgotten about how fun that song was to play. I remember it all it well, scrambling to keep up and being so proud if I could do it for a few measures! I'll have you know though, that I played a solo on the violin at our stake conference a couple of months ago. I don't think I've ever been so scared, but I was glad I did it in the end!!!

Melanee said...

I'm so jealous!!! George and I had wanted to go to that concert but we didn't have anyone to watch our kids. Man, if I'd know there was going to be some Hoe Down, I might have just let Sam babysit. (So it's probably a good thing I didn't know.) Just kidding about that last part. Please don't report me to the authorities.

Amie said...

You are so lucky! That sounds like the perfect date night.