In honor of last Sunday's Mother's Day holiday, I thought I would include this thought on our blog/ my journal- I really think I would suck at being a single mother! Spencer had to go to Montana for the day to help his family with technical stuff at their motel. A day- 24 hours people! And let's just say I am so ready for him to come home. The boys missed him terribly. Some women send their husbands off to work from 8-5 (a concept completely lost on me), or worse, for days, weeks, or months at a time. After 24 hours, I struggled keeping my patience with my kids, finding things to do, getting the house decent, and having the motivation to even get ready today. So, to put it nicely- I am so grateful for a husband that leads us, loves us, plays with us, comforts us, and just completes our family. To put it bluntly- I am pathetic and now see that Heavenly Father led me to Spencer because He knew exactly how much help I was really going to need! So, dear single mothers- I am in awe of you all and now realize I am not worthy to share the same Mother's Day with you.
To illustrate just how ineffective my single-mothering day went: During our night-time prayers tonight, Jackson asked Heavenly Father to "Puhleeeeeeeeeeze bless Daddy to come home safe AND fast." He has never been so emphatic in a prayer in his life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I had those feelings - even when Jake hasn't been gone for more than a few hours!!!!! You're such a great mom, I bet your boys just love spending time with you!
Post a Comment