Tuesday, April 27, 2010

What have we been up to?

Ohhh, my poor neglected blog. It has been sacrificed for the greater good of getting caught up with our family scrapbook (which is SO close to being up to date!) So here are a few random things from the Wangsgard home:

"OH, MAN, THAT'S GOING TO BE EXPENSIVE"
Those were the words Spencer uttered when we heard we were having a girl. I think he may be right. I had NO idea just how FUN girl clothes are!!! I love getting to go on the pink side of the stores now! So above is my first purchase for my little girl. I know it will be the first of many :)

" THE BEST $5.00 I EVER SPENT"
Despite all evidence to the contrary (and the old lady at church who passed by me as I held the door open for her, shook her head, and said, "you're gaining weight" and then walked inside without another word), I have indeed tried to watch my pregnancy weight gain. Then a couple of weeks ago, I decided one night of indulgence was needed and I had the sudden urge for a Thanksgiving Point banana split. The thing was the size of Jackson's head! But oh so good! Don't worry, we split it between our whole family. Worth every single penny (and calorie!)
EASTER PICTURES

These are my cute boys during our Easter egg hunt at Grandma and Grandpa's house. We are STILL trying to eat the candy from all those eggs!
GENERATION TECH
I suppose I could blame it on their tech savvy father, but whatever the reason, my boys are hopelessly in love with technology. Most of my day is spent keeping them away from movies, the IPhone, YouTube (yes, even my two year old knows how to find cartoons on You Tube), the computer, the Wii, etc. I've decided I would not be sad if our house was hit by an EMP and all of our technology was fried. But everyone else who relies on Spencer for internet might not be too happy! Oh well.
PRESCHOOL FUN
I truly regret not taking more pictures of Jackson's preschool during the weeks I have taught. So many memories- all of them in baker's hats learning how to make muffins, learning about the army by shooting a picture of a "bad guy" taped on the wall, dancing the Hokey Pokey to learn their body parts, and so much more- these boys are so cute! Here we are having a music lesson by playing a waterglass xylophone. They each got a chance to play "Mary Had A Little Lamb". Our music week was seriously the most enjoyable time I have had with these guys, complete with our concert for the mommies at the end- so fun!
That's all for now.

10 comments:

The Wards said...

What a darling dress!!!!! Yes, your little sweet baby girl will be so much fun to shop for (and kiss, hug, cuddle, snuggle, etc)!!

I didn't know such yummy desserts were so close at hand!!

What good times you've had lately and I have to agree that I wish I had taken more preschool pictures - those boys have been so fun and funny!!!

Tricia said...

I have to know who you held the door open for at church. I'm guessing it was Sis. Tuttle

Veronica said...

ahhh the cutest dress ever!!!! love it!!

A and N said...

If it makes you feel any better, I would have eaten the whole sundae myself :) Looks like ya'll are having fun!

Lynn Turner, AG said...

Zandra - the next time you call me an old lady on your blog there will be retaliation :)

Brittney said...

I often call Lynn Turner an old lady on my blog too, kidding!! What an adorable dress, and I love being able to buy all the cute/pink/frilly stuff- so fun!! I also wish the same thing about our Preschool group, that is why I am going to take a ton of picts at their graduation party in a couple weeks.

Karen said...

Man that Lynn, cracks me up.

Yes, shopping for a girl is super fun. When I was pregnant with Luke, I was so glad that he was a boy, otherwise I would have probably had to come and sleep on your couch. There are so many fun places to shop for those sweet girls. (PS try Crazy 8 - it's awesome!) (PPS, don't tell Spencer I told you about that store)

Misty said...

I have plenty of girl clothes that you are welcome to. It wouldn't be as expensive, but also not as much fun! I had no idea that such a lovely ice cream treat was so close by. That looks like it would be well worth all of the car seats and strollers to get it! I may just be making a journey on over there in the next couple of days!

Beck said...

First off congrats on being pg with a GIRL!!!! YAY! So much fun! You are going to love it. Clothes are definately a toughy bc there are so many cute things out there. As for the lady who said you were gaining weight...WHAT A PUNK! EW!!!! :) Your amazing Zandra and your pregnant. Eat all the banana splits that you want girl. Live it up!

Brittani said...

I am so excited to have found your blog! Congrats on being pregnant with a little girl... we love little girls over here! Tell spencer as well that Rich and I say hello. Your boys are adorable!