Monday, March 29, 2010

Miracles do still happen

Two weeks ago we were waiting by the computer, expecting an update from Spencer's brother in Virginia regarding the birth of their first baby. When we finally got word, it wasn't the news we anticipated. There were some complications during the birth and little Tyler needed 45 minutes of CPR after an emergency c-section. Things did not sound good. The poor parents only got to see their child for a grand total of 30 seconds before they whisked him off to a childrens hospital 20 minutes away. That night we just cried- well I cried enough for the two of us. The next day the entire wangsgard family fasted and prayed harder than we ever had before. Afterward, Spencer and I both felt peace that it was all going to work out. During the following few days we had so many sweet experiences with our kids and our extended family. Jackson never failed to remember Tyler in any prayer he offered. We were able to have many teaching moments with him about fasting, prayer, heaven, and the Savior.

Well today I was able to teach him that Heavenly Father really does answer our prayers and miracles do still happen because today Tyler was released from the hospital. From fearing but planning for a baby funeral to today- let's just say I've cried quite a bit today (Spencer would have cried too if he was capable of it) How grateful I am for the gospel in our life! It's amazing how trials bring such blessings and stronger testimonies. For their privacy I won't include any pictures but he is one cute kid and we can't wait to meet the little fighter (and maybe see Jon too since his baby's situation has now led to a change in his deployment to Iraq too- Miraculous!) We love them so much and are so grateful for their miracle.

6 comments:

Misty said...

Thanks for sharing. I hope that you all get to see you little nephew soon.

Connie and Brandon said...

What a wonderful miracle for your new nephew/family and great teaching moments for you guys as parents and for yourselves!!

Brittney said...

What a wonderful miracle!! Good work on making it a teaching experience with your kids!!

Karen said...

That is such a sweet story to be a part of.

Amie said...

That is great news. Thank you for sharing. What an uplifting experience. Hope you get to see them soon.

Emily said...

What do you mean Spencer didn't cry;)