I am so ashamed to say that late last night, I went to Wal-mart and bought the giant thing. As I readied myself to swipe the debit card I asked myself- do I really want to do this? And then it hit me- I have turned into my mom- ahhh!!!!!!!! Oh well, Merry Christmas to everyone!
Thursday, December 24, 2009
I never thought I would be one of those parents...
The other day Jackson was sitting with his best friend/cousin Caden and said to him, "Caden, guess what! Santa is going to bring me a big dinosaur for Christmas- it is the only thing I asked for!" I thought to myself, "uhhh, Santa hasn't bought any dinosaurs..." We feel our kids have way too many toys so we thought this year we would do more things like board games, books, etc. But when I thought about it, both Santa experiences Jackson has had this year (the festival of trees and the ward party) he asked Santa for a big dinosaur. It's all he really wants, but I've been too busy with the hectic season to notice. So I had the dilemma- do I go get the one gift he wants, or do I put my foot down, stay in budget, and say no to the expensive dinosaur? I am not one to spoil my kids- I feel like they get that enough from Grandmas, but was I really ready to kill Santa for the kid his first year of really understanding the concept? What to do?

I am so ashamed to say that late last night, I went to Wal-mart and bought the giant thing. As I readied myself to swipe the debit card I asked myself- do I really want to do this? And then it hit me- I have turned into my mom- ahhh!!!!!!!! Oh well, Merry Christmas to everyone!
I am so ashamed to say that late last night, I went to Wal-mart and bought the giant thing. As I readied myself to swipe the debit card I asked myself- do I really want to do this? And then it hit me- I have turned into my mom- ahhh!!!!!!!! Oh well, Merry Christmas to everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
That is hilarious! I have many of those "turning into my mom" moments. It's hard to avoid. Merry Christmas!
Hard to avoid indeed! I have had those same discussions with myself about Christmas and how to keep it simple without squelching the magic altogether. I bet Jackson was thrilled that Santa remembered his dinosaur! :)
I would of TOTALLY bought the Dino. That is all he wanted, and I am sure that the look on his face that morning made it all worth it. I hope you had a WONDERFUL Christmas!!:)
Yep - I'm with you. We really try to keep things simple, but sometimes you just have to splurge and spoil. We all do it. I totally would have bought the dino.
Post a Comment