Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Discovering the roly-poly
A little while back, the boys discovered the roly poly. Jackson is normally a pretty timid child, but he has no fear when it comes to bugs. Both he and Jackson loved exploring this fun little creature. They were both so cute so I ran to grab my camera! Unfortunately, neither has learned that we need to be gentle with bugs, so the roly-pollies went the way of all the earth, so to speak. I wonder what PETA would think about this? :)

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
ewww! My kids are fascinated by them also!
Awesome. The roly-poly really is one of the most fascinating bugs out there. Jackson sure is looking grown-up these days, and little Brady definitely isn't so little anymore.
We have always called them potato bugs, is roly-poly the real name??? Yes, we had a similar experience, but it was a little more detrimental (if I had taken a picture we would have seen some guts:).
We also call them potato bugs. Oak loves them too, but to be honest... I kind of do too!
And 2 years later another child was born. I forgot his/her name. haha. I think I might become his favorite Uncle because we are the younger, forgotten sibling but I won't forget his name.
I am totally on the phone with PETA as we speak. The horror! :)
My kids collected 11 roly-polies today. Poor little guys.
Oh my goodness! That first picture looks just like Spencer!
Post a Comment