Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Christmas in June?


Jackson insisted on checking out "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" from the library the other day, despite my suggestion to wait until Christmas. Now the boy will not stop talking about Christmas! Every 5 minutes he asks if it is Christmas yet! All he wanted to do tonight was wait by the window for Santa Claus to come. First we told him that it wouldn't be Christmas until the BYU football games were on TV- to which he promptly ran for the remote and frantically searched for a football game (don't you love that our calendar year revolves around football). But that still didn't satisfy him. Then during the prayer for our dinner he prayed for Santa to come. What am I going to do with him? You're a mean one Mr. Grinch!

4 comments:

The Wards said...

Jackson is so cute and sweet! I'm so glad I'm not in your situation, because I think I would find it very hard not to give him exactly what he wants - all the time!!!!!!

You are such a fun and great mom!! I bet those boys LOVED playing in the paint! You are much more fun than me. We have been painting lately, but I only let Thayne use dry brushes - yeah, he got bored of that really fast! :)

Amie said...

I hope, for your sake, that he forgets soon! I remeber Eric doing something similar at that age and he did eventually forget. I was so relieved!

Veronica said...

Hahah that is hilarious!! I just love how smart Jackson is!!! Maybe we should start a 2 Christmas per year tradition!! ;)

Karen said...

I think you should make a HUGE paper chain to count down the days until Christmas. :) Wouldn't that be so fun??!! hahaha...