So tonight we proudly displayed our downright cheapness (word?) by trying to get a free meal courtesy of KFC. However, we were unaware of what it was going to take to get this free meal. We got there early for dinner but quickly learned that some people had been waiting for their chicken for more than 1 hour. There weren't that many people there so we thought people must be exaggerating. As we waited, we got to experience the full realm of civility. We witnessed everything from a soldier waiting patiently for his meal (you'd think he would have gotten special treatment... probably a bunch of liberals behind the counter- just kidding) to a father yelling at the manager. One woman insisted she needed white meat but when they told her they were completely out of white meat (like there was not a piece of white meat left in the restaurant, cooked or uncooked) she demanded it anyway- and then she refused a refund- she just stood there! I don't know why people thought yelling at the pimply-faced, 16-year old behind the counter would do anything. Then in the middle of it all, KFC's computer system went down! So the cooks had no idea what anyone was ordering and the cash registers could not run (or refund) any credit cards! I felt so sorry for these workers- minimum wage just wasn't worth it tonight.On a different note, the new grilled chicken is very good. I doubt it is much healthier though because it's still pretty greasy.

7 comments:
Oh dear! I went for lunch expecting an experience similar to yours, but ended up going through the drive-through in about five minutes.
Poor KFC workers. As if being around all of those yummy buiscuits isn't enough anguish. I once wanted to work there just so I could get that secret recipe. :)
Oh wow. What an experience!
Funny! We are definitely related. We so went to KFC too and we ALSO had a 16 year old pimply face kid behind the counter. We only waited 20 minutes and it was nice because they gave out free drinks the day we went so as we waited, we just refilled the cup with A&W rootbeer (because this was a KFC/A&W). But this is yet another reason we will stay where we are haha.
When we come out next month, we should get with Mel and take all the kids and THEN wait an hour for food! I think that would be the best fun ever!!!
wow...crazy!
BTW...CUTE background! Love it!
Post a Comment