Monday, May 25, 2009
Heaven on Earth
On Saturday the boys and I were able to attend an open house for the Oquirrh Mountain temple. Since we didn't have the best time with the Draper open house due to lack of naps, we thought we'd try again. This was a much better experience. The temple is SO beautiful. What really stuck out to me that day was during the movie before you go through, Elder Holland said something to the effect of "I can't begin to think about heaven without my wife or my children". That really got to me. Heaven just would not be heaven without Spencer and my kids. And, like Elder Holland said, it's not just because I've gotten used to him or whatever- it's so much more. I'm so grateful for the chance we have to be together forever. Now let's just hope I don't screw it up! :)

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
How much fun!! The Temple looks so beautiful! I wish we were there. =)
I'm glad things went better this time. I loved that part of the video too. It's so true and really what it's all about. We are so lucky to live here where we have so many temples and can share the frequent open houses with our families!
Looks beautiful! Glad to hear it was better this time. We are going in a couple weeks!
What a neat thing to do with your boys! I didn't know the open house started yet.
Post a Comment