Thursday, February 25, 2010

Dealing with the cabin fever

I'm sure everyone else is dealing with this (if not, then you are crazy), but we are totally struggling with cabin fever. Spring cannot come fast enough for us. Jackson looks oh so longingly at the summer clothes in his closet every morning as he gets dressed. So last week we went to do some fun things to pass the time.

First, what better way to pass the time that to hang out on BYU campus :) Here's Jackson in front of the Marriot Center
Then we explored the Bean Life Science/Natural History museum. Despite 4.5 years at BYU, I never even knew this building existed. But what fun for two toddler boys!

This was Brady's frightened expression through most of the exhibits...
except this one- it's a giant Bunko the Bear (his buddy)!
Kind of scary how realistic this looks:
I love that the boys actually look intellectually engaged in this picture- really most of the time they wanted to run around.

Later in the week we went for a preschool field trip to the police station
The boys are trying their best to look tough along the mugshot wall, but I think the lollipops are hurting their cause!
And this is jail. I felt like I needed a shower after just looking at it.
Now if only I had the energy to do these sorts of things everyday, we might actually make it through the winter!

5 comments:

The Wards said...

We also have cabin fever!! Thayne has been getting so bored during the day and I my attempts to come up with fun activities just aren't doing the trick! I hope we make another field trip to BYU since we missed that one! The police station looks like it was a hit too!

A and N said...

Looks like a lot of fun! We can't wait for spring over on this side of the country either. Yesterday was a snow day, in fact! The good part, is that it melts away quickly (it's all gone today!) Anyways, looking forward to seeing pictures of your cute baby bump!

Tricia said...

Let me know next time you go to the Bean museum. I will come with you. I like that place. Cabela's is close to the same thing, though.

Amie said...

Love the Bean Museum. Cabin Fever is THE WORST. Hopefully we'll get some warm days soon and we can all go outside. :)

Brittney said...

Today and yesterday were warm enough to be outside briefly, but we are also excited for entire days out in the sun!! I hope you survive the cold, at times I feel that it is driving me a little crazy!