Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Happy belated Easter!





Above are some pictures of our boys' easter egg hunt at Grandma's house. She is too good to them.

For our out-of-town family and friends who may have been wondering where we have been for the past couple of weeks, here are some pictures to explain. This was our ward Easter party that I was in charge of last Saturday. I am so thankful to those that helped me with the activity. I am especially thankful to have had the chance to organize this because it helped me to move past the bunnies, eggs, and candy and remember the true meaning of Easter. Brady and Jackson hunting for Easter eggs. The threats of rain
forced our egg hunt to be held inside the church. Oh well.

This was the skit that we put on. We had a mock
courtroom in which a judge presided and heard
"testimonies" of seeing the Savior after He was
resurrected. We had Mary Magdalene, Doubting
Thomas, a Nephite, and the Prophet Joseph all
speak. At the very last minute, our court Bailiff
could not make it so I made poor Spencer step
in- much to his dismay. He is too good to me.

2 comments:

Karen said...

It really was a wonderful activity! I'm with you, it really put the true reason for Easter in my life. I told my kids that the Easter bunny wasn't coming to our house anymore. We're done focusing on that.

Amie said...

You did such a great job with the activity. The skit was perfect. Roland was so happy with all of it, he told me it was the best Easter activity he'd ever been too. I agree! Good job Zandra!