Monday, August 2, 2010

Confirmation

Mondays are now my favorite day- because I get to go to the doctor and get my hopes up that they will say, "Wow, you are at a 5, let's send you to the hospital". It never happens though. Last week, the doctor listened to my baby's heart beat and (not having read my chart) said, "Hmmm, this sounds like a little brother." That kind of worried me. Then this morning, another doctor listened to the heart beat and said, "Oh yeah, this is 100% boy". That put me into a panic.

Needless to say, I did not have a good day today as I worried about trying to change everything out and the amount of money wasted. Not to mention most of our boy stuff is across the country right now. I'll admit, a few tears were shed (Jackson asked me, "Mommy, why are you dripping?" I guess he hasn't witnessed a lot of adult crying)

Finally, Spencer and my mom convinced me to go get a fetal studio ultrasound. I protested, saying we will find out in a few days, but finally relented. After much suspense, the tech told me that she was postively convinced this baby is a girl. I was shocked. One less thing to worry about! Now if I can just figure out a way to get this girl out of me!

Here are some of the pictures from the experience- unfortunately at 39+ weeks, ultrasounds can't show much clarity because the baby is SO squished. Good luck trying to figure out what you are looking at.


4 comments:

A and N said...

We're really excited for you! I hope you get what you have been planning on. I also hope that your little one decides to come quickly. I have ten days to go and I just hope I make it. Our heat index (with humidity) is going to hit 114 today, so not good for pregnancy! ANyways, it was fun catching up the other day. Can't wait to see pictures of your newest addition!

The Wards said...

I am so glad you were comforted by the ultrasound!! She is going to be so darling! I LOVE her bedroom!! Hope you have her soon, if you haven't already!

vicky said...

Before I got to the part about you having another ultrasound I wanted to call you and say...DON'T WORRY. I think two of my sisters were suppose to be boys, according to their heartbeats. :)
Glad you are feeling better. Will you be induced?

The Watkins said...

What an experience. So it's been a few days since this post. Does it mean your little girl is hear already? I hope all is well. The nursey looks adorable!!