So today I picked up the book "The Christmas Sweater" by Glenn Beck. Our ward book club is reading it next month, but I thought I would get started early. Well, I finished it already thanks to a good nap day from Jackson and Brady (I love you boys!). I loved the book! I have to admit that I bawled like a baby during it- Spencer kept giving me strange looks and I am still dealing with the crying headache, but oh well. I had a really special experience while reading it which I won't share at this time, but hopefully can another day. But now everyone can totally disregard my previous post- I am ready and set for Christmas! This book seriously got me in the Christmas spirit. I am also now so excited for our ward Christmas party. (On a completely separate note: can I just say that I love my calling on the activities committee because it gets me into the spirit of every holiday) So, since I'm not with it enough to have a Goodreads account, here are my thoughts on the book- awesome story with a great message. It is deeply personal, but I'm so glad that Glenn Beck shared this experience with the world. Warning: you may cry... a lot. Five stars!
Yet another separate, random thought: Happy Veterans Day to everyone. Thank you Veterans for your amazing service to us all.

3 comments:
We got this book last year, and I agree - great book. I think I'll hurry and read it again to get me into the Christmas spirit as well.
I need to read that one. It sounds great. As for Christmas overtaking Thanksgiving, I used to get frustrated too. One day I was thinking about it and decided that they are both a part of the "holiday season" and I can look at Chritmas decorations in the store before Thanksgiving as a reminder to be thankful for the Savior's birth and life! It helps me not get upset that people are just trying to squeeze every penny out of Christmas! :)
Your review of the book makes me want to put everything down and read it!
Post a Comment