For those that were just dying to hear what we did for Valentine's Day, here you go!
The kids awoke to a trail of paper hearts leading them to the kitchen where their little gifts were. Brady saw the hearts and exclaimed, "What the heck?"

Jackson received a very cool LEGO space guy that he didn't let go of all day and Brady got a space shuttle because he is all into rockets lately. Nothing says I love you like space stuff.

We made some jello jiggler hearts that were supposed to be a family home evening treat, but they didn't last that long! We also made valentines for Jackson's school party tomorrow.

We heart-attacked Grandma's house while she was at work.

That's right. A heart-shaped pizza for dinner :)

Here is my girl. I love her, even if she was incredibly fussy the whole day! This is her best impression of a deer in the headlights.

This is horribly awkward for me to include, but I might as well. A while back, Spencer and I read a talk by Elder Holland that said every man should have a picture of his spouse next to his computer to keep him out of trouble. So, as incredibly painful as it was for me to do, I enlisted my talented neighbor to take a couple shots of me while Spencer was at bishopric meeting. Then I gave Spencer a framed copy of one for his office. He better hold on to it for the rest of his life because I'm pretty sure I am never doing another photo shoot again! (Bear in mind this was at the end of a VERY long, exhausting day with my kids)

Spencer surprised me with getting my carpets cleaned (I know, how romantic!). It was a lot of work to get everything moved, vacuumed and then keep my kids off the carpet for SIX hours while it dried, but I'm very glad to have it done! So I'm thankful. Then we spent the evening cleaning the church bathrooms (we really know how to set the mood, huh?) At the end of the day, I indulged the inner girl in me and resisted watching a great basketball game in order to watch Casablanca. Love that movie. Spencer joined me toward the end, but old movies aren't really his thing. I'll definitely give him credit for keeping his mouth shut through it (unlike a certain time when I made the mistake of having him watch the end of Pride and Prejudice. He didn't last 5 minutes.)
3 comments:
You look so GORGEOUS in you picture!! And I LOVE what you did for the kids for V-Day... you're such a great Mommy <3
I love your picture! What a great gift and thought.
I felt bad that I didn't get into the Valentine's spirit much this year. We had sick kids, so I missed out on the bathrooms at the church. Sorry that Jeremy didn't get the new/adjusted time to you for that night! I told him he's on bathrooms for the rest of the year.
I also love hearing your stories. Spencer and Jeremy should go watch movies together. I'm comin' over next time you have a good one to watch. Love Casablanca and Pride and Prejudice.
I love your picture! You look gorgeous! I loved your v-day celebrations. I can also proudly say, I have corrupted Alan:) Just last night he choose the Scarlet Pimpernel for our date night movie! By the way, I have finally updated our blog and I feel like talking sometime, so call me when you get a chance!
Post a Comment