Sunday, June 20, 2010

I wish I were...

I wish I were an American or Virginian opposum... because their gestational period is only 12-13 days! I think I could handle being pregnant for only 12 days. Nine months is WAY too long!
Oh well. At least I am not one of these ladies- the African elephant's gestational period averages 660 days. Yeah, I don't think I could handle being one of these (although I feel like one right about now)
Apparently, 5 of every 100 human births comes late, defined as after 42 weeks. I think I am going to start praying tonight that I am not one of those.

8 comments:

Tricia said...

I like the new picture

Alicia said...

Haha that's funny. I'm so paranoid I'm gonna go into preterm labor.. 12% of babies comes before 37 weeks. So I keep praying she won't come before then!! I'm not worried about going late because I already made my dr promise I would be induced on my due date if she doesn't come on her own ;)

Misty said...

In relief society yesterday I was thinking you are such a cute pregnant person! I hope the home stretch goes by quickly for you!

Veronica said...

Also pray that your labor won't be anywhere close to 41 and 1/2 hours long! ;)

A and N said...

I am in complete agreement with you! I really wish you would post a picture of yourself though! I want to see your cute little baby bump!!!!

Zandra said...

Veronica, Spencer is already praying that doesn't happen- I'm only allowed FOUR hours in the delivery room.

Nicole, I thought about posting a baby bump picture, but I'm way past the cute bump stage and am totally in the "are you having twins stage". So there is no reason to document that!

A and N said...

Oh come on! You could never look bad! I bet you are a darling little pregnant mama. Do you feel like you are carrying this one differently at all? These boys just kill me! Right now he's hugging my left side like you would not believe, it just pulls so bad to the left, I look ridiculous! What do your boys think of your growing belly?

Karen said...

You look great! Good luck with these last few weeks. Crank that AC and don't clean.